Analytics

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cottage in the Cotswolds

I seriously have no idea why the first picture I downloaded goes to the bottom. I also have no idea why this is blue and underlined. If I was still a perfectionist at heart, which I am really working on not being, I would spend the next several hours trying to fix this. The new me is going to leave it the way it is and move on.


This is the cottage (below) that we rented for the "bank holiday weekend". The British call their holidays "bank holidays". From what I can gather, all holidays (i.e. Christmas, May Day etc.) are referred to as "bank holidays". The photo above is of the courtyard behind the cottage. Unfortunately, it was a bit too cold to spend time in the courtyard, but I enjoyed looking at it. Every sight I saw in the Cotswolds was charming, beautiful, quaint and breath-taking - every cliche in the book.

The cottage is called Inglenook Cottage and it is in Bourton-on-the-Water, a charming little town. The first day, we relaxed and enjoyed the little town. The cottage was in an alley just off the "high street". For those who are not familiar with England, the "high street" is the same as the main street in an American town, but here, every area's "main" street is called the "high street". I find all these little details about Great Britain fascinating. I learn something new every single day which is really, really good for my now middle-aged brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment