Analytics

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 4

The whole room is shaking as Jacob plays his drums behind me in the "study". I don't think this is going to go over so well with the neighbors downstairs. The flat we are staying in is on the third floor. We are getting settled. The shipment arrived on Monday and we are unpacked. Yesterday the kids needed a day of play, not unpacking, so I met Deb (who is from Chicago and just moved here too for those who don't know that story) and her kids at a tube stop. We walked toward the London Zoo, went the wrong way, ended up at Primrose Hill Park. The kids were so happy just running and playing in the park. We went to the top of the hill which overlooks London and just sat on a bench while the kids ran around. I don't think my kids have ever seen such a big park and we haven't even been to Regents Park or Hyde Park yet!!! They had a great time. Deb took the kids swimming here at the indoor pool in our complex and I took the bus and my grocery cart to stock up on some groceries. I was so proud of myself! I felt like I was on a reality t.v. show that was somewhere between the Great Race and Survivor. I navigated the bus, got all my groceries and made it back home in about 1 hour and 20 minutes (started off at the wrong bus stop and then got off one stop too late on the way home.) Today, Paula, my old neighbor from South Africa, picked us up and took us to IKEA. I got everything we needed, but the whole trip took far too long and the IKEA experience is no fun with 3 kids. We had lunch at the cafeteria there and all in all the kids were fairly patient.
Tomorrow we are taking the kids to visit ACS-Hillingdon, their new school.
I have to get the hang of blogging. Every day is a new adventure and it is hard to figure out how to capture and report on it adequately. I will do my best. Working on getting some pics downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment